02 August 2009

Day Two: Learning The Ropes.

So this is how it is to be living under someone else's roof. Yesterday, after I came home from the library, I went back to Maria's house to chill for a little bit before going to Diana's house for our weekly chillage. So I had to go through the front door and ask Maria's sister to buzz me in. And then, we just hung out and talked and watched Gilmore Girls with my boyfriend before I go and pick up Maria from her work.

And then when it was time for me and my boyfriend to leave to go to Diana's place, Maria's sister gave me her set of keys because she'll be going to a party with Maria tonight also.

And even though I have my own keys and can let myself in when I go home later that night, I still told Maria to let me know when they're coming home from their party so that we'll all go in together. I just thought it'd be too weird to be there before them and then see that their parents are already home. Awkward.

And then my boyfriend and I left the party a little later than Maria did at hers that I just asked her to go inside and let me in because I'll get home a few minutes after she will. When I got there, I saw that Maria already set my beddings on the floor, which I thought was a really, really nice gesture but I also kinda felt bad because I'm not really their guest. In fact, they're just doing me a favor.

Anyhoo, this morning when I woke up, I felt bad -again- because even though I planned on waking up at 7am to get ready to go to church by 9, I must have snoozed because I woke up at 938am! And not only that, everybody was already awake too! Even Maria's sister already left to go to her daily Herbalife meeting at 8am, or somewhere around that time.

Then I went to get ready because I can still catch up to the noon mass, which was also the last mass of the day. Only it took me more than an hour to take a shower, get dressed, blowdry and iron my hair, and everything else in between. .:gah:.

When I went to the kitchen to mingle a little bit, as soon as I sat down on the dining room chair, Maria offered me some breakfast! I feel really bad because I'm not a guest at the house really. And they're being really, really nice to me.

After I ate the food, and washed some of the dishes, I put my laptop away and then said goodbye so that I can go to church and then head on the library for the rest of the day.

Now I'm in the library, doing my usual online stuff. Plus I decided to watch the Gilmore Girls season 2 DVD here instead of back at Maria' house because I don't want to be just laying there watching movies and stuff and ignore her sister. That's why I'm here.

And since it's a weekend, I'm most likely going to have plans. And hopefully that will include Maria. I mean, she still has her own group of friends and I have mine. And I just think it'd be really awkward if I go out everyday with my group of friends while she doesn't have any plans. That means we both need to make plans together so we can both be out of the house doing the same thing instead of separately.

I hope I adjust with this situation soon enough so I don't have to keep feeling awkward towards their family and stuff. Hopefully, everything gets better soon enough.

Jaja

No comments: