02 August 2009

Day Two: Food Adventure.

Since I'm going to be living here at Maria's house for some time, I know I'm going to be experiencing some of her mom's great cooking. Yes, she's an awesome cook -just as Maria- and she also makes these most amazing cakes and desserts. .:yum:. I guess that means actually enlisting my boyfriend to actually, really work out with me. Because if not, at the end of my stay here, I'll be little miss fatty mcfatfat.

Anyhoo, this morning, I ate this scrambled egg thing with tortillas actually scrambled with it. The tortillas were chopped up and cooked together with the eggs, and then squirt a quarter slice of lime in it. For breakfast! Yummy.

And then for lunch, I had posole, which is almost quite similar to the Filipinos' version of sinigang. Only difference is that, you cook the vegetables with sinigang. Since Maria's sister is vegetarian, they mom made two versions of posole, the one with meat in in, and the other one with mushrooms. The food had skin with fat or whatever you call it and some white round things that remind me of corn but bigger than corn.. I don't know what it's called.

Anyway, I grabbed a bowl and mixed up the vegetarian and meatitarian (?) version because I love mushrooms, and then I added some shredded lettuce (cabbage? I can never tell..), fresh slices of onions, chopped oregano leaves, powdered red pepper, and avocado slices. And I added a couple of tostadas and refried beans as a side. Yummy, yummy, yummy. I should've taken photos. Hmm. I'll do it next time for sure.

Oh, and I forgot to add. You squeeze lime into it, too. :D

Jaja

No comments: