08 August 2009

Day Eight: With My Feet Up and My Hair Down.

Life is back to normal again. Or maybe I shouldn't say normal, I should say improving. Danny and I are okay again, we're still together, and I thank God for that. Yesterday, we met in the EVC parking lot and talked it out and sorted out all our differences. Conclusion: Maturity. Not that we lacked it or anything, it was more like, we've decided we're both ready to move on the the next phase of our life, and we're doing it together. Because while we've had our shares of childish-fun-and-carelessness-slash-throw-caution-to-the-wind kind of life, we're ready to move now. We're growing up together. And while the whole "growing old together" phrase means getting married and whatnot (fyi, we both have not tackled that part of our lives yet), I told him, "How can we grow old together when we can't even grow up together?" And now, we're working it out.

At first, we were laying down the rules for this whole maturity thing, but in the end, our compromise was that, we just need to see the bigger picture and we'll just learn the ropes together. And now we're both happier than ever, and thankfully enough, happier together.

And the job thing is going along just fine too. I get 20 hours this coming week, and I start the receptionist job next Monday. And I will hear from Fedex next Monday too. I pray and pray and pray that I get the Fedex job because a.) it's full time, meaning there's awesome benefits, and b.) with a solid background and solid pay, it sounds like a solid job. And while I know that's three jobs (with a total of 56 hours a week) on top of school come fall semester, I know I need to do this. I should do this. And I can do this. I can't sleep on Maria's bedroom floor forever. And this is my fresh start. All this I thank the Lord because when I didn't fully listen to my grandparents, I was always told to go to church and pray and never forget to call on God. And I'm just starting over again. I'm slowly finding my way back. And now He's making everything possible for me again. Not that I ever questioned, or doubted. I just forgot. And I'm that person that needed to be reminded.

That is why I am here inside the Gail Borden Library facing the Fox River with my feet up and blogging and reading Twilight. Life is beautiful again, and I have God and my family and friends to thank for.

Jaja

No comments: