04 August 2010

Room Raiders: Jaja Devicais

I gave up my studio apartment at the beginning of August of last year because I lost my job and I've lived on my friend Maria's bedroom floor and my other friend Diana's living room floor up until the last week of May 2010. So for ten, excruciating months of trying to save up, sleeping on the couch, and living out of a suitcase, I finally have my own room and my own bed!

And I’ve always wanted to do a Room Raiders series, and of course, I want to be the first! Haha, here goes..

These are the before shots. It’s so empty.







After!!

This is what you see as soon as you open my bedroom door: my bed, which I missed so much!! It’s kind of low and boring.. I really wanna get a new bed though, I saw this one that I like from Ikea.. so I might save up and get it. :D


Across my bed is my closet.. and my closet.. and my drawers. They’re full of clothes. I know, too much. I still have more clothes in boxes in my storage. :D


Directly facing the door. That’s the bathroom door out there. And my DVD shelf, and bookshelf.


View from the closet. I know, I have a lot of knicknacks. Apparently, I’m a horder. I might need a big house just for that.


A close up of my bed. FYI, that laptop NEVER leaves that side of my bed. Hence, I need a desk. Oh, and ew for not trying to hide my laundry. FYI, I get too lazy making my bed because my comforter always end up at the foot of the bed, so I just leave it like that and I use that white mush of a blanket. It’s the heated blankets they give you at the hospital. My mom got it for me. :D


My shoes on the top shelf. The green bin hold my flipflops and the wicker basket on the top shelf holds belts and light scarves. These are just my dresses (which you can’t see very much), hoodies, long sleeves, and long pants and jeans. FYI, I love hoodies. :D The narrow plastic drawers holds more clothing articles, and the wide drawers have school supplies, electronic stuff, and lotions and perfumes at the bottom. The wicker basket in the corner has all my leggings, and knitted winter scarves, gloves and hats, on the small platic container. And ladies and gents, my laundry. Haha!


I need a better closet. This can barely hold my tops. It has given up on me at least twice. Top row: sleeveless tops, halters, tubes. Bottom row: sleeves. Notice anything about my clothes? If you guess they’re arranged by colors, good job! :D


My whiteboard calendar and my day bag. These drawers hold sweatpants, etc., shorts, skirts, tshirts, and purses at the bottom drawer.


I bought this pair of swimsuit and it’s my “yellow polka dot” bikini” (aka, I have to see it everyday so I can be motivated to lose weight and wear it), that’s why it’s hanging there on my dvd shelf. That reminds me.. must buy more dvds soon.


My shelf full if knicknacks.. hmm, I really should declutter.

UPCLOSE:

1.) Authentic Blue Man Group Show Artwork
2.) Cabaret poster. (I was supposed to give that to someone, but oh well.)
3.) “Pinas” trucker hat I got from a friend.
4.) My very first sword. I got it from my first time at the Anime Convention of early May 2010.


1.) Recipe books: meals, desserts, and mocktails
2.) My sungoggles! (aka huge-lens sunglasses, I’m obsessed with them!
3.) Birthday balloon from my friend.
4.) Empty champagne bottle. Got it as a gift for my Quarter Life Celebration (aka 25th birthday.. if you must know), and emptied it then of course. :D
5.) AFC Officers Collage from a friend.. from the most successful talent show ever! Haha, I’m biased because I was president that time. :D


1.) Hardbound books
2.) Souvenir glasses: Chicago, Bubba Gump
3.) Lizard beanie someone gave me.


1.) More hardbound books. (I really need to collect that Harry Potter set!_
2.) Vases I bought a long time ago from Ikea.
3.) I use one vase (vahz? :D) to hold all the chopsticks I get from restaurants.. :D
4.) Oh, and that’s my AnimeCon name tag. My friend’s niece decided to add ADD to my name.. thanks a lot.


1.) More books.
2.) Handpainted sushi plate I made when a friend took me to Color Me Mine. Heaven! I wanna go again!
3.) A couple of scented candles.
4.) A collage made by a friend of my 23rd birthday in Chicago, when we went museum-hopping. Favorite birthday ever!


1.) More books.
2.) A random ice cream bowl.
3.) Stuffed bear.


1.) More books. I really have a random and eclectic taste in reading, among other things.
2.) Is there a book here that catches your attention? ;D


1.) My journals..
2.) ..and a few of my old planners.
3.) ..and a Bible that someone important gave me.


1.) Photo albums. (That reminds me.. I want to start printing photos again.)


1.) Scrapbooks: 12, CPB..
2.) Binders with some stuff in them.. *shrug*


1.) Board games!!!! I love game nights! My favorite is Catchphrase.. and I get really REALLY competitive with Boggle. Oh, and FYI, stop playing Monopoly with friends if you wanna keep them :D Next purchase.. Apples to Apples!!


My name is Jaja Devicais.
I am a rockstar.
And this is my room.

No comments: