01 August 2010

Day 1: Your Bestfriend

Dear D.E.,

      The way we became friends is an odd story, if I have to say so myself. It never even crossed my mind that we will be friend, but we did, and for that I thank God. I just moved here from the Philippines and going to a community college where everyone pretty much knows everyone, you became my friend.

      Thank you soooo much for showing me things and teaching me things that I never would have known if not for you. You taught me how to love my family, you slowly brought me back to God, and most importantly, you showed me the person that I can be. You understand me and you accept me. The best, and I think the most hilarious, part of our friendship is that to you, I am so predictable, that you know every reaction, every emotion, every habit that I have. That and the fact that you notice all these random facial expressions that I have that even I am not aware of. Like apparently, how I have a different twice pre-lie and post-lie, how you can tell if I took a nap or not. Everything. You’re weird.

      Even though you are drifting away from me, I want you to remember that you will always be my bestfriend. It may not be the same, but In my mind and my heart, it will be. The memories we shared and the deep and meaningful friendship we always have will be with me forever.

      I pray that you be successful in all of your endeavors, I wish you all the best in your life, and always remember, I will always be here for you.

Your friend all the way to the moon and back,
Jaja

No comments: