04 August 2010

Day 4: Your Sibling (or Closest Relative)

Dear P,

    Remember when we were younger and it was just the two of us? No half brothers or half sisters? That was fun, wasn’t it? :D I mean granted we fought a lot (I guess we still do.. haha!), but the world was just the two of us. They always told us, “Why do you two keep fighting? It’s just you two you know? When you’re all grown up, you guys will have to take care of each other. You’re lucky you got each other, some kids don’t even have brothers or sisters.” Blah. Haha!

    We had to share toys, and clothes, and shoes, and friends, and school, and attention. I know you don’t remember, but when you were a baby you’d be in your walker and I would sit on the tabletop of your walker and slide across the room, with you on it. Haha! Or how about that time when we were in elementary and our maid found a dead cockroach and I grabbed it by the antlers (?) and threw it at you and you got scared and jumped up the couch? Or how about when we were in highschool and we were about to go to sleep and the lights were out.. and I made the noise from that movie, The Grudge, and you cried because you got so scared?

    Times have changed. We’re grown up now (I guess you can say that..). We’re living in opposite sides of the world. I mean, who would’ve thought right? We used to be inseparable. Now, you’re married already. I mean, I gotta admit, I was hurt when I found out that you got married and didn’t tell me about it. I was going to be your maid of honor you know? Boo. But I guess, it is what it is.

    I wish you all the best in your endeavors and new life. We may not carry the same last names anymore, and I know that we’ll always be biting each other’s head off, but I know that deep down we still have a deep sisterly bond. And I thank God for that. I don’t ever tell you this but I love you okay? Take care!

Through Ups and Downs,
Jaja

No comments: