06 August 2010

Day 6: A Stranger

Dear Tiny Filipino Greeter Lady at Meijer,

    I like it whenever I go to Meijer and you’re working. You are so cheerful, exaggerated at times, but cheerful. I wonder how many hours a day you work, because I could not keep up with a Good morning Ma’am/Sir, Thank you Ma’am/Sir, and Have a nice day Ma’am/Sir aaaall day long. I find it interesting how you manage to individually run up and greet EACH and EVERY person that walks in AND out of that place. Sometimes, if you miss one, you half-chase them to greet them. I think that’s kinda creepy-ish. But I don’t mind as much, it makes me feel special. Hehe.

    Are you getting paid per person that you greet? Are you being watched? Is that why you have to greet each of your loyal Meijer customers?

    I’ll let you in a little secret.. YOU are the only one that does that. Well, there’s this one old guy one time that would hand out a cart. But you, madam, are the only one who stands there and does her friggin’ job.

    I commend you. You always have a smile on your face. The others just stand there., oftentimes getting in the way when I’m trying to pull a cart out of the corral. Thank you for always putting a smile on your face, and saying hi and bye to me whenever I leave the store.. even if you’re practically chasing me out in the parking lot. :D

Smiles and More Smiles,
Jaja

No comments: