27 November 2008

thanksgiving reflections..

as what has been for the past 3 years, this thanksgiving celebration at my house was not all that. nothing too fancy, quiet, a little unplanned. my mom was on call, and my stepdad and little sister julia were in california. basically, we made the most of what we had.

but i came to thinking on my drive back home from dropping danny off at his house that maybe it's not about what you have in front of you or who you're with for thanksgiving.. but who and what you're REALLY thankful for.

and here are some of the things that i'm truly thankful for from the past year..

  1. i'm thankful for being able to celebrate one year of crazyness with my dude.
  2. i'm thankful that he's still with me despite my crazyness.
  3. i'm thankful for the stuffed toys and flowers and free food and entertainment he's given me.
  4. i'm thankful that i got to spend new year's eve celebration with a bunch of cool people.
  5. i'm thankful that i got to see the blue man group for the first time. and i'm thankful i became friends with the person that came with me.
  6. i'm thankful for valentine's day. just because.
  7. i'm thankful that after almost three years, i came to my senses and finally quit my crappy job at sherman.
  8. i'm thankful for all the better and bigger things that came my way after sherman.
  9. i'm thankful that amybeth liked me enough to hire me as orientation leader.
  10. i'm thankful that my birthday and springbreak came and went just fine and i got to spend both with friends.
  11. i'm thankful that i went museum-hopping on my birthday and people were actually paying to go to these museums (and chinatown!) with me.
  12. i'm thankful that i got to spend my birthdya with my friends.
  13. i'm thankful for the fact that my family drove to california and back and they were safe and they had fun.
  14. i'm thankful that everytime the twelfth of the month rolls by, he always choose to spend it with me. and he still hasn't changed his mind.
  15. i'm thankful for the asian filipino club rocking the spring semester.
  16. i'm thankful for the 3rd annual asian filipino club talent show. it rocked. and it was the best talent show the club's ever had and i'm thankful for everyone that helped plan it, that participated, and that came and supported us.
  17. i'm thankful that i passed the spring semester.
  18. i'm thankful that the asian filipino club won two major awards at the leadership banquet: most creative marketing/strategy plan AND -->> most distinguished club award. i'm REALLY proud of my club.
  19. i'm thankful for all of the aflip members (old and new) and supporters and believers. and critics too.
  20. i'm thankful for the established leaders class that i took spring semester. it helped me grow as a person and as a leader. and now i know more about myself.
  21. i'm thankful that danny and i got over a really HUGE fight about a certain someone and about a certain note-passing situation. i'm thankful that we're still together *phew*.
  22. i'm thankful that summer came and went and i made the most of having the best time.
  23. i'm thankful that i passed my summer classes: business law & ethics.
  24. i'm thankful for all my experiences with orientation.
  25. i'm thankful for all those times i hung out with danny, my sisters, and my friends.
  26. i'm thankful for all the times i went camping in woodhaven with family and friends.
  27. i'm thankful for the fireworks that i saw for the fourth of july celebration.
  28. i'm thankful for the second time i got to go to the taste of chicago. and to navy pier afterwards.
  29. i'm thankful that we resolved our fight that day in order to watch the fireworks together. with hugs and kisses.
  30. i'm thankful for all the after-orientation chillages at bdubs.
  31. i'm thankful for all the movies i saw. =D
  32. i'm thankful for all the books i read. =D
  33. i'm thankful that i was able to register for the fall semester.
  34. i'm thankful for the chance to go back to school.
  35. i'm thankful for summer.
  36. i'm thankful for fall.
  37. i'm thankful that danny's pinkie got better after his surgery and therapy. (mechanical bull incident..)
  38. i'm thankful that i have learned to detached myself from the asian filipino club. love it to death. but i know we both need to grow.
  39. i'm thankful for all the times that he and i wore our matching noodles and company tshirt (22times).. it's a twelfth of the month thing.
  40. i'm thankful that my air force sister punky came home from dubai safe and sound.
  41. i'm thankful for all the drama. hey, it helped me learn.
  42. i'm thankful that i found it in my heart to forgive and learn to deal with my drama. (you know who you are. *wink* and i'm thankful THAT episode's over.)
  43. i'm thankful that i wrote what i wrote on facebook. and FINALLY got heard. even if it meant another bigh blow up.
  44. i'm thankful that that blow up got under control, at the very least, and we're still together.
  45. i'm thankful he finally said he loved me.
  46. i'm thankful to realize that he doesn't have to say he loves me to show me.
  47. i'm thankful that he takes care of me. all the frickin time. XD
  48. i'm thankul that my sister punky got to visit us here in illinois and we got to hang out and go shopping and fight some more and go camping.
  49. i'm thankful for that time i went camping with danny and jason and gaea and we stayed out in the tent through a storm. hehe.
  50. i'm thankful for realy for life and once again proved that the asian filipino club is the OSANGest club ever. thanks to me and danny. hehe. that's our baby club.
  51. i'm thankful that the aflipz won best tent that night. XD
  52. i'm thankful that my sister and i haven't given up on each other.
  53. i'm thankful that my sister's boyfriend treats her well.
  54. i'm thankful i got to drive again after my car being broken and sold for junk.
  55. i'm thankful i got a good job again after four something months.
  56. i'm thankful they let me go. now i have bigger and better chances.
  57. i'm thankful for few more things but i gotta go do a branch visit. hehe..
to be continued.. XD

No comments: