10 April 2010

Down At The Senior Center

So I did my secret service at the Senior Services today. I'd go into detail but I'm so tired. I got home an hour ago from 9something hours of being out doing errands, doing lunch, texting and messaging people, driving around everywhere.

To sum it up:

This old guy was in line to go get his bingo cards up front. He motioned for me to come over because he had to tell me something.

"I was blind for twelve years, and I've been in therapy for the last five years because I sarted seeing with my left eye again (but just a small portion of his vision.) When I did, I made it a point to really appreciate all the things that I see. And to let all the pretty women that I see know how pretty they are. You're a very pretty young woman. Especially when you smile at old folks like me."

Not only did this conversation with Jack made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, but it totally made my day. No wait, my week. No wait. It made up for all the bad things that has ever happened to me. Well, not all exactly. But you know what I mean.

Anyway, the more that I spend my time doing secret service down there, the more that I fall in love with old people. They are just the sweetest, sincerest, most real people ever! Granted, some of them can be crabby. But they are just being themselves, they are being real, and not to mention the stories that they have lived to tell is just amazing as well! Hence, the word real and sincere.

I'm pooped. Lemme try and get some sleep.

No comments: