05 January 2011

Car Troubles Be Gone.

    Two nights ago, my car battery died on me on three different times: before work, after work, when I got to my friend's house. After that third time, my friend's husband checked my car. They let me crash at their house and the next day, my friend and I woke up early to buy new car batteries.. and lo and behold, oil. (Apparently, the dipstick showed no oil at all.. and no, I'm not calling the car any names.)

    Here's what I learned that night:
  • I found out that if your car's dead and and you have to push it somewhere, there's a lock you have to disengage so you can change the lever to neutral.
  • I learned how to change my own oil. 
  • I learned how to take out and replace my own car batteries.
  • I learned the basic parts of a car engine.
  • I [re]learned that you can't take the keys out of your ignition once you turn it off if the car is still in neutral.
    Over the summer, my bucketlist is going to include a crash course on cars: how to fix it, what are the parts, how everything works, change my own tires, etc. That's more than what the average girl would know, right?

No comments: