28 January 2011

24/7/365

    Lately, I've been having these feeling that 24 hours honestly is not enough in a day. Between work, online classes, my "online" social life, chores, errands, completing my 365s and resolutions, and spending time alone and with friends, I just am running out of time in a day! And I keep complaining I don't have a life. Jeez!
    Last weekend alone I went shopping, went to 2 birthday dinners, watched a movie with a friend, went bowling, went grocery shopping, met up with a friend for a while, and watched the Bears-Packers game. One weekend!
    This weekend, I'm working two days, going to a birthday party in St. Charles and then another one in Dekalb, and then our Sunday Family Dinner too. Sometimes, I think I have waaaay too many friends for my own good.. haha!! Don't get me wrong, I love all of them though. I'm just saying.
    Which brings me to questions that have been brewing in my mind:
  • If I had been going out with someone these past year or so, would I have been able to do all these stuff?
  • Would I exchange this "single life" to be in a relationship? (granted that my life is not high and social, but still)
  • Will I still be able to do this if I end up being with someone?
    With my past (and only) relationship, we did a lot of things. We had a blast and we were fun and adventurous and tried out new things, and explored activities. But not only did we not just do them together, we did it mostly just by ourselves. We learned a lot of things and we learned it together. Because of that relationship, I learned to be more outgoing, more personable, friendlier, and more comfortable in meeting new people. I have become a social butterfly (so to speak) and I love it.
    Sure I complain sometimes that I don't ever have enough things on my social calendar, but it's still more than what an average person has (I think).
    I've come to terms that there are two types of singlehood. The pre-boyfriend single (never had a boyfriend) and the post-boyfriend single (obviously). I gotta say, I enjoyed my pre-boyfriend singlehood, but at that age there were more of us singletons. It wasn't hard to scroll down your contact list and message "wanna hang out?" to your girlfriends and guybuddies. Most everyone were up to being random and impromptu. But I'm post-boyfriend single at an age where most of my friends are dating or engaged or even married. The handful single friends I have are a drive and a fence away. Or in college. Or don't make enough money to spend it.
    The thing that sucks about post-boyfriend singlehood is that I'm more aware than ever of couples, things couple do/can do, places couples go to/can go to, holidays, birthdays, and every other couple-y things.
    I get comments like "Don't ever get married!" or "Don't ever have kids!!" or "If I was single like you, I'd be having lots of fun and meeting guys (another topic) and go places!!".
    "I wish I was single." BAH.
    So now I'm stuck in a rut. [refer to questions above]
    But while I'm torn and don't know what to do, I'm having fun my way. :D

No comments: