31 August 2008

i AM a beautiful tragedy indeed.

i don't know. i think i was born crazy.

i have a way of ruining things for no apparent reason, thus the line "i am a beautiful tragedy."

danny and i have been doing so well with the whole "no fighting" situation. we're better than the past few weeks of summer. and because of that, we made plans to go out to dinner last night. i was so excited about it because we haven't had a nice night out in a while, one that doesn't end up in a fight or a heated conversation about a topic so unnecessary and stupid. or so i thought.

and gaea and i have been really good friends after that night of january we saw the blue man group in chicago. i don't consider her a best friends as i believe she doesn't consider me. but we both acknowledge that we are close enough friends that we often refer to our closeness as being "in each other's brain." i consider her, and the rest of her family, as family. and her, a younger sister. but i think i have a curse of friendships and disappointments. third time's the charm, they say. and when there was krackel, my panget soulmate, who chose her boyfriend three years her junior, and when there was tj, who i would fight for and protect from the cruel world because he is the nicest person ever and a really good friend, chose to hang out with the more popular kids in school who gave him all the attention and thought that i was trying to change him, now there's gaea, who i treated as my little sister. (wow, i just realized she's four years my junior.)

okay, as i'm getting way WAY off tangent, let me elaborate.

saturday started off fine. my sister was leaving in the afternoon, there was the asian filipino club's asian fest, and then there's my night out with danny. my sister made unclear plans with the car rental agency so they ended up having to return the car at a deadline of 11am, hours before their flight. so my mom, my sister, her boyfriend and i decided on a game plan: drive to midway, return the car, drive back home so they can unpack, drive back to midway and then that's it. but in between these plans were two mini-plans. the asianfest and my date. and as gaea failed to even inform me of the plan about the asianfest (which i felt really hurt about) i was not able to include it in my plans even though i wanted to, really badly in fact. and since danny will have a lot of free time in between his karate and our plans, he decided to stop by the asianfest and then leave when i call him.

and here comes the not-so-funny parts..

a.) danny called me asking where i was and i told him i would be home in half an hour and could he please start making his way to my house. and he goes, "okay, i'll be leaving in a minute."
-> well, just as we turned on my street, i called him SIX times and he didn't pick up the phone. i warned him that he's gonna get sucked in and he'll end up staying there longer than necesarry. and that's exactly what happened. when he called me back just was we were pulling in our driveway, he hasn't even left yet! and i, for some reason, got really pissy. i mean, in my defense, we made our plans first. and for it to be pushed back because he got sucked in and actually decided to stay made me really mad. he said he was leaving in a few minutes, and i took it to mean as 10, maybe 15, minutes. not an effin' full half hour!! and the fact that he didn't let me know he was going to stay irked me some more. and he wasn't even sorry he was late. ugh. so of course, by the time he was in his car we were arguing like crazy about that whole situation.

b.) as gaea have failed to mention to me, former club president and number one fan of the asian filipino club and not to mention supposed friend, about asianfest, i have managed not to include it in my plans for the day. she asked me to bring the photo album to the fest assuming i will be there. i told her i prolly won't make it because of my day plan which i have mentioned to her. ugh. this is way too hard. let's see..

this is what happened: text, phone, or voicemail: in not exact words
gaea: if you want a shirt, let me know, i can hook you up. just let me know what time you're coming.
me: oh a shirt cool! i definitely want one.
gaea: oh its green too! (which she definitely knows is my favorite color)
me: oh cool! i want one)
gaea: i already saved one for you and danny. (in EXACT text message words)

and then i reminded danny that before he leaves he should get my shirt that gaea promised from her. and when he did, gaea said she'll just give it to me when she sees me.
AND THEN, when danny and i were at meijer last night, she texts him saying how she forgot that she gave away my shirt to nicole.

again, in not the exact words, in text.
gaea: oh shoot, i forgot that i gave nicole the shirt i was gonna give to ja
danny: well, since you promised her a shirt and you are a person of your word, you are giving her the shirt right?
gaea: that's mean, i'm not just gonna take the shirt away from nicole. she shouwed up and ja didn't so she deserved the shirt.
danny: well, you shouldn't have promised her a shirt if that was your standard.
gaea: i didn't promise her a shirt
[insert here me showing danny the text message "i already saved you and danny one" and making him listen to gaea's voicemail telling me she's gonna hook me up with a shirt]
danny: all i know is she showed me the message that you promised you were gonna give her a shirt.
gaea: it was an honest mistake and i didn't realize it until i got home and i'm not just gonna take the shirt away from nicole when she deserved it for showing up.

this is then when danny and i were discussing about it. we both know that nicole worked from 3 to closing at the at mall. and asianfest was from 11ish til 10p. if nicole showed up before work, and left to go to work with the shirt already in her hand, then technically gaea lied to danny when danny asked for the shirt and she said she was gonna give it to me when she sees me, when in reality she didn't have a shirt to hand out.

point a.) she promised me something and a promise is a promise, especially when i give high regards to promises made by supposed friends.
point b.) i'm not irked that i don't have a shirt, well i'm kinda sad that i didn't have one, but i know nicole deserves a shirt too. it's just that she pulled a garrett on me. dangling one object to two people. and as a leader, your word is supposed to be your bond.
point c.) she always sound defensive, as if she's being attacked, and always elaborating when a simple answer would suffice.
point d.) the fact that she could not say it to my face and own up to her "honest mistake" is very fishy. does that mean she's guilty?

oh, danny and i fixed our beef.

i'm still waiting for gaea to face her broken word.

friendship is overrated.

jaja

No comments: