19 September 2011

I'm A Couch Potato

Last night was the Emmys. The place and time for celebrities to bust out with their "safe" ballgowns and accesories. Sofia Vergara stood out the most for me. She looked very sexy in her dress without having to show more skin. Plus I just love her.. and her accent. Cracked me up when she started saying how everyone's accents were weird. Haha.

If you're looking for a recap of what happened last night. Sorry, not here. Haha. Anyhoo, Modern Family took home five awards for that night and it makes me happy. I know a lot of gleeks out there are infuriated that Glee didn't win anything, It's okay guys, you'll get over it. I mean I'm a gleek too, but I guess I'll use that term loosely.

My most favorite part of the night was when they were announcing the nominees for the best lead female in a comedy series and all the lovely ladies walked up on stage as their names were called.. a la Miss Universe. Haha. If you haven't seen it, I'm sure Youtube videos of it started popping up as soon as that part of the show was over. The audience in that theatre (as us tv fans) didn't realize until the end that it was just a funny bit when they handed Melissa McCarthy a crown and bouquet together with her Emmy. One person however, didn't get the joke and the whole thing entirely went over her head. Click here.

Overall, I've realized one thing about myself. What with me name-calling every person (character/actor) I recognized during the show and screaming out almost-expletives, and getting frustrated that I couldn't tweet and I couldn't read anybody else's.. well, I've realized I'm a couch potato. Haha. I didn't realize I was into a **handful** of shows until last night. I'm now seriously contemplating on buying TiVo. Or will a regular DVR do? Which is better anyway? I even have a Hulu and Sidereel account so I can be practically up to date with my shows.

On that note, let me log in on my Sidereel and update my tv listings. :)

No comments: