21 March 2011

You're Fat.

    So I've been on the hunt for shoes and dresses these past few weeks for my birthday weekend celebration. But I never found the right combination. I'd have the shoes, but no dress to match. I'd find the dress but no shoes for it. Anyway, I settled (or so I thought) for the gold dress I bought at Forever 21 late last year and I finally found a nude-colored strappy heels to match with it. But I think I'm pulling back on my options again. Why? I'll tell you why.
    KC told me to try on what I'm going to wear for my birthday. When I walked out of my room, Kuya Quartz laught and commented, "Ja, who's the daddy?", insinuating that I look pregnant. Hey, okay, I know I've gained weight through the years and all but this is the first time someone actually laughed to my face about it. And even though I was laughing along, I was crushed.
    So then, KC trying to mediate, asked me about this floral dress I bought that was supposed to be for my birthday last year. Long story short, KC realized that I didn't wear that dress because Roger laughed at me too. She said, "Why do you even let these stupid boys get to you?" and I go, "You know me, *shrug*, I let everyone get to me."
    I've been trying to build my confidence for a long time now, and for some reason, thanks to my so-called friends/family/roommates, my confidence is shot again. Never have I been laughed at or made fun of to my face for how I look, and my weight and body type. Now, I'm not confident about my gold dress. I have to find something else to wear.

No comments: