21 March 2011

The Best Monday Ever

I went to work today with nothing special in mind. All I was thinking was that if I can just get through today, I'll be set, because I have the next two days off. What do I find on my desk when I walk in the office?

A bunch of lovely and colorful flowers and balloons.. and a strawberry shortcake! Not only did this very sweet gesture from my coworkers make my day, it totally made my week! What a wonderful way to kick off my birthday week! All afternoon at work, I kept looking at the flowers and I couldn't stop smiling. I've never been given flowers by anyone other than a boyfriend. I gotta say, receiving flowers unexpectedly from someone that is expected to give you flowers and receiving flowers unexpectedy from the people you would least expect to do so.. well, they're both awesome feelings but it's all two different feelings. I'm still giddy from my little surprise. I guess, what makes it even giddier is the fact that my coworkers didn't think I was working on my actual birthday (which is three days from now) so they decided to give me an early birthday surprise.
    The best thing about it is that my birthday greetings have already started pouring in! I don't want to sound vain or anything, but birthdays are my absolute favorite holidays! Yes, they're holidays to me. It's the one day of the year when a.) I can get away with almost anything, b.) people are extra EXTRA nice to me, c.) I get to be the center of attention for a little bit, and d.) on the off-chance that people decide to be generous.. well, I get to unwrap presents! Oh, and one more thing, the most important one, e.) it's the one day of the year that I can hang out with all the people that I love all in one room.. or something like that.
    Anyway, that is all for now. I have to wake up extra early tomorrow for my downtown mission. Here's to hoping I have a rockin' adventure tomorrow!

No comments: