01 April 2011

April Fools Indeed

Ok, so I totally get it. Today is the day when you don't believe what ANYONE has to say. Today, everyone's either going to be a parent, getting married, getting engaged, quitting their jobs, moving somewhere far, got injured, died, got sick.. whatever, anything.
    With that point in mind, what did I see when I opened my inbox today? An OKCupid suggestion. Wait, let me backtrack..

    A few months back, I had this blog about online dating and how it's a more acceptable form of meeting people the older you get. I know of a handful of people who are with their significant others they've met through online dating websites. So, to experiment on that and see what results it gives me, I signed up for a free account at OKCupid.com.
    Here and there, they would email me notifications telling me they found new matches for me. Today, when I opened my account this is what I found:

    Not only do I KNOW this person PERSONALLY, I hate his guts too!! I mean granted, we're civil around each other, but I really dislike this person. He did something a while back that got some of my friends in trouble and he got away unscathed. After that, I just stopped being his friend.
    I laughed when I saw this because it's hilarious and NOT hilarious at the same time. I checked his profile and it said that we are 88% compatible. Yeah, okay. I immediately deleted my account before HE receives a notification saying I'M compatible for him.
    Which brings me to this mindset: Are my options really running low? I've tried online dating so that I can meet someone outside of my comfort zone and I was RECOMMENDED the one person whose guts I hate? I'm 26 years old and I've only had one boyfriend. Am I really gonna end up single? To tell the truth, marriage is in my life plan okay? But I've been single for a year and a half now. And in that span of time, I've never dated, hooked up, or even MET someone.
    I guess what this life is telling me is that.. The Joke Is On Me.

No comments: