12 March 2009

when the past came to haunt me

so earlier today, being bored as usual, i googled myself. just for funsies. and i came across -> my old blogs! and then i realized i have made a LOT of blogs within the past seven years.

easyjournal. 2 accounts: serendipity & knoxgurl.
tabulas. 2 accounts: crazysexycool & jakhe.
xanga. 1 account: (i forgot the name).
friendster. 1 account: (i forgot the name).
myspace. 2 accounts: (my personal myspace) & (my photographer myspace).
facebook. 1 account: (my personal facbeook)
blogspot. 3 accounts: insane to the membrane, shopaholic, never apologize for your art (recently deleted).

this does not include the small minor blogs i opened from some minor sites that i already forgot, including the first one i opened back when i was in 5th or 6th grade.. when it was still new and was referred to >> weblogging << not blogging.

so now my questions is.. what in the world was i thinking and i opened up squillions of blog accounts?

the answer, dear audience, is simply egoism.

and i don't mean that in a really bad or demeaning way towards myself. as i have learned somewhere in my ethics class, egoism feeds our soul. for the most part. love of oneself gives us something to live by. and my personal mantra? no one will ever love me as much as i love myself.

so go ahead and call me egotistic, or narcissistic, or whatever. i am simply acknowledging my existence my this apparent dire need to chronicle my own life. and i have no problem with that. i'm not cocky, or self-centered to a point where i am delusionally convinced that the world revolves around me. i for a fact know that's not true. and yet i get this small satisfaction within myself in knowing that i am going through my life with memories, achievements, failures, rants, raves, etc., and i have proof that i have lived.. and is still alive. through my blogs.

jaja

No comments: